Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cabin Fever

I'm not a big whiner and complainer....really! I deal with the facts, makes adjustments and life goes on. Yes, indeed. A knee replacement lead me to give up skiing some years ago. A certain pill to slow and control the heart rate makes cold in the extremities a fact of life. I don't do a lot of ice fishing any more. I find TV extremely tedious (except ESPN) So I get bored. Reading and blogging in the winter can only take you so far. We go for rides.



Houston county is known for its Swiss like vistas and lots of deer. It's wooded hills and valley's make for great habitat. Take a look.Family portrait


Pruning a shrub



Swamp deer?

Whatcha looking at girl?


GPS deer. Somebody is keeping track of her!






Cabin Fever! Take me for a ride. I know I'll feel better.

11 comments:

  1. Aging has also taken away some of what I used to do. However I do enjoy Discovery, TLC, and even The Weather Channel. But at this time of the winter I like to head south to Albany, the state capitol, and stay overnight, take in an IMAX film, eat a nice meal out and come back ready for the rest of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos and scenery. Cabin fever is prevalent here too. Sometimes a ride makes all the difference. Looking at the same four walls day after day gets really old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had enough snow and cold. Down here in N. IL we are on track to being the 9th snowiest winter on record. Yay!

    I never get tired of reading fiction. One of my favorite authors is an Iowa native son John Sandford (pen name for Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist John Camp). Anyway his fictional character Lucas Davenport is a Minneapolis detective.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. We go on a lot of drives too. Great set of photos today, TB. Your captions are good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A drive's better than nothing, certainly, & look at all of the great shots you took!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora TB,
    Beautiful drive through a winter wonderland. It is summer here as well, but with this hip I find I am getting cabin fever as well. Kia kaha.
    Cheers,
    Robb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're getting out there, even by vehicle. White tails almost seem to become a different animal in winter--calm, social, even curious human animals. Give snowshoes a try? With a ski pole or two, they are very gentle on the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know that when you take a ride, WE get to go, too! :-) Thanks for the tour and the great photos. So... why is there a GPS on the deer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't we bloggers somewhat like the GPS deer? Someone is always keeping track of us, whether we like it or not, cabin-bound or free to roam. Guess what? We're supposed to get some accumulation of snow here in Northwest Florida in the next several hours. School and other functions are cancelled. Geez! Hurricanes we can cope with, but snow?

    ReplyDelete
  10. nature is so beautiful if you get a chance and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete