Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Emerald Isle

We have just returned from an exhilirating, as well as exhausting, first time visit to Ireland. In every respect it lived up to and even exceeded our high expectations. We made new friends from among the congenial group we toured with. That group was led by Fathers Steve Peterson & Thomas Loomis from southeastern Minnesota parishes.

The wit and wisdom behind all those smiling Irish eyes was, indeed, a joy to behold. Now, as time allows in the weeks ahead, I'll sit down and catalogue those hundreds of pictures Mrs T and I took and share some of our journey with you.

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back it is good to see your smiling face again! I am excited to see your photos..but you missed some of the best weather we have ever had in November in Minnesota..it has been almost summerlike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased you had a successful trip Ray. My grandmother comes from there although I have never been there myself so I will follow your posts with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you know I am grinning from ear to ear!! Can't wait to hear and see all about it! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have you back,I went trout fishing this week and got a real nice brook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland ~ how wonderful! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Love the rainbow!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back! Looking forward to many, many wonderful photos of your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home! Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful trip you two must have had! And look at that rainbow... I've never seen the end of one like that. Amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to visiting Ireland via your blog. The rainbow photo is amazing. If I enlarge the picture, will I see a leprechaun?

    donna

    ReplyDelete