Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Investigative Analysis

See the preceding post for the evidence. Careful analysis of the photograph of the victims injury reveals some important clues. The fact that the injury is located on the back of the leg as opposed to the front or side suggests he was hit from the behind but did not fall. Most revealing however, is the description of the abrasions themselves. They definitely appear to be tread marks. A bicycle tire immediately comes to mind. The medical authority did not report any other injuries so we hypothesize the following: Troutbirder was hit in the back of the leg by an out of control/or inattentive fellow byciclist. He, somehow managed to maintain control and was not flung from his own bike. A common misdemeanor occured, which in the driving world, is known as "tailgating." A highly dangerous habit common to many forms of propulsion......

Troutbirder: "Yes it's true. I was "rear ended" on a steep downgrade. Apparently, I wasn't going fast enough for the speedos who seem to think it's all a race. Another concern is the fact that when I took up biking years ago it was common for people to warn you when approaching or passing from behind. "On your left" or "coming up" were common phrases." No more.....

20 comments:

  1. I hear "on your left" or a jingle of the bicycle's bell (if it has one) often while on trails used by both bikes and walkers. Glad your injury was fairly minor, and yes, your clever use of investigative skills solved the mystery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you weren't injured too badly! Guess one isn't safe no matter what the mode of transportation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. So glad to hear that it wasn't serious. Take care out there on the trails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I hope the other person wasn't hurt and will look out from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez! That could have been so much worse. Don't you hate it when you are injured by stupid people? Glad you are all right. (And I'm SURE you were wearing your helmet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you weren't hurt any worse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be an old codger. I still say 'coming up' or tell which side I'm about to pass on when I overtake another biker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stars!! I'm so glad you weren't hurt really bad ~ but ouch to your leg!! Hmmm....maybe one needs to install blinkers on their bike.... ;)

    Travel safe my friend!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your injury wasn't more serious. I wholeheartedly agree, "on the left" or a bike bell (not sure I'd hear it) is most appropriate...reminds me of my introduction to sidewalk travel in Florida this past winter. It took me way too long to recognize the little bike bells!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oy! Ow! Saw your injuries from the last post. My first remark was "what in the world was that bike rider thinking" but, well, obviously, thinking wasn't going on at all. Some people just baffle me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is a fine how do you do..not very nice at all. I am glad you are okay...he or she didn't even stop? It musta been a drive by hit:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, glad you are okay. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you are okay.

    (PS -- I have some Plymouth Rock rooster feathers for you, if you would like them. Thought you might be able to use them for your fly-tieing. Shoot me an email with your address if you would like them.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I had a comment all ready comparing the abrasion mark to the skin of a Sasquatch. Rats.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yikes, that's bad!! Take it easy and heal up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, hope you're alright!

    Defensive driving on a bicycle is so important. Cars don't see you, or don't care. You have to think for yourself AND the other guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you came out of it okay.Rules have changed for bike riders. We have a GPS at my work place and sometimes I think I'm in more danger because I drive too slow rather than too fast. The world is in such a hurry these days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another place to be very aware of bicyclists is Amsterdam. There are lots of them and lord help you if you to walk across a bike lane when they're coming.

    They say the canals are nine feet deep: three foot mud, three foot bicycles and three foot water.

    Folks "borrow" other people's bikes and when finished, throw them into canals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now a bike shop is no longer the only place to find a great bike, you can find one online and have it shipped to your door and assembled in under ten minutes.
    bike seat

    ReplyDelete