Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

CSI






















Case 213 Location - Somwhere between Harmony and Preston in Bluff Country. Trauma - Contusions on the back of Mr. Troutbirders right leg. The victim was later treated by authorized medical personnel. He was released from care with non life threatening injuries. Photograph by Mrs. Troutbirder.   
                                                                          

                                                                      A  police report will follow shortly...

Mr. Troutbirder reported going down a moderately steep hill at safe speed when he began to slow down to stop and photograph a Lepidoptera Avuncular Halitosis. He somehow managed to remain upright in spite of being struck from behind by an inattentive biker . Stopping safely he raced back to find the inattentive biker laying prone on the pathway. Somewhat incoherent the perpetrator was mostly worried about locating his cellphone. Fortunately,  I had mine in my pocket and called for  medical help  not far away.

 The idiocy of tailgating while texting is obvious but I must say besides that when I first began biking some years ago now, when someone came up behind you to pass, they always beeped or said something akin to "on your right" or  "passing" etc. to warn you.  Not anymore. Its very rare. The lack of courtesy and common decency today is becoming appalling in many avenues of life. This was just a little one....:(
 

17 comments:

  1. put the phone away,okay. I laugh watching so many glued to theirs.Glad it wasn't real bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I look forward to the police report. I wish people would get arrested for not paying attention. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man.....remind the idiot he should be glad it's not Montana....he'd be shot and left by the side of the trail. Joke of course....sorta, kinda, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mirror on my helmet which helps some. Even then some of the speedsters catch up to me and I don't notice them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! - the idiocy of tailgating while texting... It seems as though it all started with the idiocy of texting while cycling. I am glad everyone is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh - you were lucky it wasn't worse ... very stupid. People - why can't they enjoy being outside ... and just not text ... but am very glad you're both ok ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe he has learned a lesson or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't texting take away the best parts of bike riding?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygoodness! Sorry to hear about this incident. So glad YOU are okay!!

    Btw: Hallitosis - Bad Breath? So, does this plant have an offensive odor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why when out enjoying nature and exercise would he be glued to his phone? Mercy. Glad it wasn't worse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tailgating on a bike, while texting yet! I'm not surprised his first thought was for his phone. Not sure I've ever seen a road rash on the back of the leg but so glad you remained upright and relatively intact. Did you get right back on the horse and ride? I've heard that's the best thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an idiot on his phone, I am glad you were not seriously hurt:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have hoped that bikers were more attentive and considerate than drivers. It sounds as if my optimism has been misplaced.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mr T - I like that comment, "Maybe he has learned a lesson or two." But some of these folks seem adicted to their phones. The phone may be "smart" but some users are not so much so. :-) Glad you were not hurt more seriously. Hope you have a good weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, that did hurt. I hope it heals quickly. I had a friend on a bike trail and someone on a motorized bike came at him. He took the ground and left lots of skin on the white gravel. It just can happen to fast to stop things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the Troutbirder has mended. We need his voice on the local (and the national stage) and ask that he refrain from further frivolous athletic adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so sad. We were walking recently and two young boys actually rang to indicate they were passing!

    ReplyDelete