Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yellow Brick Road - One Year Later

Well, it wasn't actually a brick  road but it was definitely yellow. A year ago at this time I was hiking a path along the Upper Iowa River in Lake Louise State Park. It was late August and there was yellow all along the trail.
 
 It was mostly different types of   sunflowers with other varieties of prairie plants tossed in for good measure. We hadn't hiked in the park much that summer as Mrs. T and I were sadly missing our "Big Guy" Baron the GSD. 
Baron

So today with Barb visiting a friend in the Twin Cities, Lily ( our newly adopted GSD) and I decided to head over to Lake Louise and check out The Yellow  Brick Road....
  Lily
Come Lily Come.    Good Girl
 
 


17 comments:

  1. oh that sweet girl. you're good for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ~ so nice that you now have lovely Lily to hike with
    and of course you'll never forget beautiful Baron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like she is an excellent companion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beauty! Good for you to have a companion again to hike with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful YELLOWS... What a great place to hike in August!!!!

    I know that all dogs have different personalities, just like humans --and I guess, all pets.. How does Lily compare with Baron?

    Have a great day tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful day for a walk. I'm sure Lily had a wonderful time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mix of yellow sunflowers and others is lovely. Good for the insect life as well as looking pretty for humans. Lily would have lots of smells to explore! Oh I do miss walking my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She seems so sweet, even in pictures. I'm glad you have her to soften the pain of missing Baron.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, I enjoy this river. Lots of good fishing and kayaking on this river.I need to check out this park.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is my favorite kind of path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you went back ... it's never quite the same but those wonderful memories will meld with your new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She really is a beauty and such a sweet face. I am so glad you found each other. That is a great place for man and dog to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Favorite hikes come with memories and sometimes sadness about change. Glad Lily ewas there to help your continue making good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to have had Lily accompany you this year on the prairie "yellow brick road". It is such a beautiful place to walk on a late August day. Too soon that pathway will be covered with the frozen stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete