Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Note From Florida

 
For the benefit of my blogging friends in the Gopher State I won't emphasize the high of 75 degrees today here in sunny Homosassa, Florida as opposed to the -45 wind chill when we left home almost  two weeks ago. Our friends Gary & Rosie flew back home to Apple Valley, MN. yesterday. We had a great time with them as always birding, sight seeing (even some manatees), canoeing, and playing cards. We also revisited our old haunts at Cedar Key where  I was able to order some of Tony's world championship clam chowder.  Yummy!
In addition you may have noted I was finally able to attach a few pictures to this post using Mrs T's laptop. I hate this cumbersome machine for typing with my awkward fingers and its jumpy cursor. Hopefully when we get back home my trusty desktop will be in top form and I can get back to my regular blogging routine.......
 
take care,
Ray & Barb

20 comments:

  1. oh, i think you should soak up that warmth while you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right where I need to be. The chowder sounds good, even in that warm weather you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long would it take that chowder to freeze in -45?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 75 degrees sounds heavenly. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little Florida sunshine sure sounds nice! Another gloomy day in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy as much as you can as winter is still in existence here in Iowa and also Minnesota. Soak in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun in Florida. We are going on our very first visit to Florida next month. My husband is so excited he can hardly contain himself. I am excited too. Falling snow outside my window causes me to wish I were leaving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha we are having a warm spell about 30 degrees for a couple of days now! I am certain it will get cold again. I hope Lily is enjoying Florida! Oh and you and Mrs T too!! :0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, enjoy that wonderful warmth TBs.
    Why not invest a few bucks for a wireless keyboard and mouse to plug into the laptop. That is what I do. It is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The warmth sounds delightful! I also have a desktop and hate to use a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to hear you're all warm and enjoying that Florida sunshine. Send some my way, please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It took me a while but I got used to the laptop. Okay with it now but it was awful at first. I envy you that weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you are enjoying the warmth. But.....doesn't that make it all the harder to go back???????
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you want to test the acumen of your digits, you simply must get a tablet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, welcome back - I've been wondering where you were. Of course, I only blog once-maybe twice a week now, so I'm not really up on things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I want some of that yummy-looking clam chowder right now. It's 28 degrees here this morning with 50 mph wind gusts. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ray and Barb, I can only imagine how much you all are enjoying Sunny Florida now... Our weather this week until today has been really mild and sunny... We loved it. BUT--they are predicting snow here tomorrow/Saturday... Fun!!!

    Have a great time.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have fond memories of Cedar Key. Enjoy the warmth while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy the sunshine! (soooo jealous) My sister heads to Florida next week for two months! I look forward to seeing and hearing about birds and new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete