Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Wild Animals

Just a few dangerous and otherwise wild animals I have photographed in recent years.  Watch out Jim Brandenburg  you've got some serious competition coming your way.....
A free marauding goldfish (Pisces marauds) spotted by Baron and myself in a lake  at a local State park.
Sneaky and dangerous especially when roaming in packs at night, wild "prairie dogs".
Fast moving in short bursts and easily mistaken for logs when lying close to shore they can easily leap ashore and grab a an unwary flyfisherman or photographer.
Its an alligator (Alligatasaurus Americana) .
 
Peaceful cow like creature I thought till I got close enough for a selfie and used a flash. Then I noticed the wild look in his eye.  American Bison (Bovina Dangerosa).
Cute little fellow but when  he grows up watch out
All right, nobody told me they could grow up to bite! Burros (donkus moocherousa)
Florida Turtle (Snapus & Grabus Reptilian)
I photographed him in the desert near Phoenix. Seven foot long with a dangerous bite. He is a real dragon but doesn't breath fire. Komodo Dragon.  (Reptilian horrobilis)
And finally one of the most dangerous wild ones of all .... The American Bunny (Rabbitarin Hopsterical) found lurking under our rental cabin. Be careful out there photographers in Wild America.....

 

18 comments:

  1. a great variety you shared! laughing at 'the night of the lepus' at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wild creatures in this blog post, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least SOME of these creatures are dangerous, like that scary bunny, and the goldfish. (shiver) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail?" The White Rabbit is the worst. Don't underestimate the destruction that little fluff-ball can unleash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The horror of a goldfish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your scientific names of these beasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good tongue in cheek description of wild America. I bet those goldfish can really gang up on you. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you had a little fun with some great photos. You really have to watch out for the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) Good job! Especially with the proper latin names...I enjoyed your version:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots and names! Wildlife photographer extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah the dreaded bunny.... I never thought I'd see one of those again. The turtle is very handsome, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some real terrors to find, danger is your middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you to get up close and personal with nature in the wild. That dragon made a believer out of me--even more so than the gator. That buffalo really had his eye on you waiting for a false move. Bunnies and goldfish are more my style for close ups. Really neat series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am confused about the Komodo dragon. Some kind of safari park?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your animal pix and your hilarious commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it's a dangerous world out there! That bison looks to especially not like you.

    ReplyDelete