Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Amazing Tulips

So here's the story. Last April I brought some freshly cut tulips,  from our garden into the house, put them in a vase, got distracted and forgot the water. Some time later I remedied  the error in spite of the badly drooping petals. The next morning Voila! I kind of liked the effect and they stayed this way for several days....:)
Maybe strange is a better word.......

16 comments:

  1. Ha! They look strange, all right, but rather fetching at the same time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-those are strange--but yet....nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Your trip to Iowa sounded great to see the Lady Slippers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why they do that. I have it happen once in a strange while. They make for an interesting and different arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw this happen forever, some varieties do it when they are getting old

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the title and pic and was wondering what kind of tulip that was! LOL! I'd call that the relaxed kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever tulips. Actually, they look better that way ... more artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not strange at all. You let the tulips do what they were meant to do. Most folks get rid of them before they have a chance. I think they were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a trick I need to remember -- I am good at forgetting to water! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them - love the color, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! I'm surprised the petals hung on for so long that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strange, but beautiful. What gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear Trout! Strange perhaps, but stunning! I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete