Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Stuby The War Dog

The True Story of World War I's Bravest Dog. A National Geographic Kids Book for dog lovers and Kids of all Ages. Actually, Bausum wrote twin titles about the stray dog smuggled to Europe during World War I who returned to a hero’s welcome. Both books were published in 2014 by National Geographic: Sergeant Stubby (for adult readers) and Stubby the War Dog (for children). Though I remain devoted to another canine hero from The Great War (Rin Tin Tin) Stubby's  true story will leave you amazed....

Known for his keen instincts and fierce loyalty, Stubby is still recognized today as the most decorated canine in American history and the first promoted to the rank of Sergeant in the U.S. Army. Naturally an animated movie  followed......:)



Click icon for more
book review blogs
@Barrie Summy

8 comments:

  1. Dogs have uncanny instincts to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at true dog story. I have heard about this dog before. Love that he was made Sargent Stubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does he die at the end? I like animal stories that don't have a sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also love dog stories. Unless they talk about abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Troutbirder, I can see that I need to go to the library website and find one of these two versions of the story. I love to read about animals and their instincts. Thanks for sharing. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Lin, I have trouble reading stories where the dog dies at the end... so I tend to avoid reading any books like this. So I probably miss a lot of good books to avoid the pain. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Troutbirder, I did check in the library and it has both books! Thanks for the recommendation. Peace.

    ReplyDelete