Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Thursday, February 7, 2019

B & B's

I'm not going to admit I'm getting forgetful now in my golden years. It's just that I've been a bit distracted lately. I accidentally wrote this post on my book review blog. So now I'll do it over again here. It seems this morning I first saw an eagle flying over my house and landing. Shortly thereafter a rare pileated woodpecker attacked one of my suet feeders. That hadn't happened in years. With all these omens I decided that it was going to be a really good day.
And sure enough, a phone  a call from Cottagewood memory care saying Barb was having another good day. Since her new medicine was put in place that makes almost 3 weeks in a row without drastic or aggressive agitation. Sharon G. sent Barb a card saying that she had moved into an apartment just like Barb had. Perfect! Barb said she hoped Sharon would like hers as much as she did. Well, it's surely a better definition than banned words in my vocabulary such as nursing home, hospital, and the even the less dreaded word rehab. According to the staff Barb is working miracles. She helps big time in the kitchen and holds hands with other ladies who are seriously confused and consoles and reassures them that things will be all right and she will be their friend. That's the Barb I know and love...
Ray (Troutbirder)

 

13 comments:

  1. I know that I won’t see woodpeckers like that in central Iowa. Maybe in the northern part of the state. I have two blogs on the go and it is nothing for me to do my larger on on the photo a day one. It sometimes for me to put-up a second screen and cut the first wrongly placed one and place it in the correct location. Sometime I don’t notice that I have done that for a full day. It is good news that your wife’s doing better and her situation helps her to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s wonderful news, all of it. I have never had a pileated woodpecker on my feeder. I think that was a special blessing sent for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news about Barb, medications now a days work well for some people! I am glad she is in a safe place although it must be real hard for you and Lily.
    We have a resident Pileated Woodpecker, he loves suet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news which must be a great relief to you. If the woodpecker comes again please ask it to fly in my direction. It is ages since I saw one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well. It's a difficult thing to deal with, but when you have days like this one, it makes it feel so much better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw some Eagles on the Mississippi this past weekend. What a treat! There are some in the Chicago area, but we don't see them often.

    How sweet that Barb is comforting and befriending others in her new place! And I am glad that the medication is working and she is comfortable. I'm sure you feel better hearing that too. Yes...very good omens and happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you hear about Barb and that she is able to successfully function in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you on the up close and personal pileated woodpecker. They are awesome birds.
    So pleased that Barb is doing so well. I can imagine being helpful and useful is great therapy for her. It must be such a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warms my heart to hear such good news. Those pileated are hesitant to land for very long or at active feeders. Maybe they saw me first.Been shooting around the dam in Pella,iA at Lake Red Rock and seeing lots of eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post. Great news about Barb. Wow, to be able to be a help to others when a person is in a fragile state. A true blessing. The NH here is now the "Care Center" after a major remodel, which includes two kitchenettes in the main area of each wing. I don't know who much they are used. In any case, the remodel includes some open gathering areas, since now the residents are in private rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heartwarming post, Troutbirder. I am so glad Mrs. T is happy and useful. And that you saw an eagle and a pileated in the same day. Definitely good signs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ray - I do hope you're both continuing on, reasonably happily, but it's good to know things are sorting out - with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete