Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Monday, March 18, 2019

A message from my guardian angel


From my beautiful daughter-in-law, Deanne.

It seems that  my widowed daughter-in-law not only is Barbs and my guardian angel but she also has a gift for writing. The following excerpt from a recent letter she sent me gives a hint of that talent. The following take is from a list of complaints I vented to her. The best one though refers to the love and kisses I get from Barb when I arrive at memory care and the fact that she hangs on to me and won’t let go when I’m about to leave for our home.
Dearest Ray,
Even though your oak tree is dying, “Google” is monopolizing the internet, Verizon has robo customer service reps, robber-baron hospital and senior care companies have umpteen red tape hoops to jump thru, closed bank accounts unfortunately can no longer cash checks, and your energetic and vibrant wife of nearly 53 years still has the  intense hots for you, it’s good to know you  have your sense of humor intact๐Ÿ˜„...and that “Dragon” is a helpful dictator (ooh—now that’s an oxymoron!), or should I say is “helpful at dictating.”  I love that you are  a “half glass-full” kind-of guy—a realist BUT definitely an optimist ๐Ÿ˜.

 

 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ray - what a wonderful message ... full of love and compassion for the happenings in your life - I just think it is glorious ... as you say your DIL is yours, Barbs and I'm sure her own guardian angel ... take care and what a delightful post - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though my eyes are watering I managed to read all that your DiL wrote. How wonderful to have someone like her on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to get support like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how it is so full of happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing that excerpt. It makes me realize how much good there is in the world, lots of people who care about others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. And the glass is always full even if sometimes half of the content is air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am delighted you both have her in your lives. I really like how she seemed to tackle each of your complaints with humor. She is a lovely person, inside and out.
    NCMountainwoman said well. The glass is always full.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that she is there for you! What a good note! Mrs T loves you that is apparent! You will have to bring her some spring flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that you have someone like that in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guardian angels are a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words. So good you have her in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'd like the lot of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got your beautiful comment on my latest blog and I can't believe that I deleted it by mistake. Would it be too much to ask you to write it again. I loved all you had to say and it is important that others read it too.. I am so sorry for doing that and can't seem to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll try ASAP. Right I'm now swamped with medical issues. Thanks for your kind response. I shall return!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just beautiful. Love is the last thing to die. Being clung to when you have to leave must be so painful. If it is any comfort, consider the alternative. My husband was never the touchy feely kind. In his last years he was not only senile but also deaf. In the nursing home I would try to hold in hand, beause it was one of the few forms of communication. In a lucid moment he pulled away said, in Dutch: “ can we please act normal.”

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet. So lucky you have Deanne in your life.

    ReplyDelete