Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Monday, August 10, 2020

Birthday present July sixteenth



I was born on July sixteenth 1941.  We are family.The banner was given to me in celebration of my 79th ninth birthday by my five grandchildren. They are a diverse group ranging in age from twins who are three up to a freshman in college. There are two girls and  three boys. Two are black adopted from Ethiopia and Rwanda. Three are white, born in Arizona and North Dakota
.
 The ones in school are all great kids and honors students and the Apple of Troutbirder's eye.
The banner says "in this home we believe" and that is true whether they are staying in grandpa's house or at their home in Arizona.
  The youngest boy in this picture name is Leo he will be driving two years so I called my son and daughter-in-law in Arizona to ask them what they have taught dealing with the police should he be pulled over for some minor violation. This the day of course that I watched a man murdered by the police in Minneapolis what a thing  a parent or grandparent have to do..........



11 comments:

  1. We did not see because we did not look. Our eyes have been opened now and there are no more excuses to allow these travesties to continue. We either change or be part of the problem. I have much faith and in this new generation of young people because they are seeing the world in a much different light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. The last years I taught high school I sent this change and new it would be all for the good

      Delete
  2. Yes, what a thing that parents and grandparents — and all black families — have to educate their children about special care when driving. It’s very sad and I hope that things will change as a result of the awareness being brought to racism recently. You have a beautiful and precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope your day was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. I have a daughter born near that day. A good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww
    Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ray - congratulations on your birthday - and you've a wonderful family - supportive too. Good to advise kids about life ... especially today. All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have a great group of grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pictures that you've posted over the years of your diverse family. That is how our real United States is and we need to all homor that and grow with it. Oh, and of course Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that banner. My husband would hang it high at our home. A belated Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete