Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

An April Ditty

A Mrs. T. often reminded me on April mornings...
"Oh there you are Merry Sunshine,
What makes you rise so soon?
You scared away the little stars
And  shined away the moon.
The grass is green.
The flowers are riz!
Oh! There you are,
you blooming idiot

Okay. So I'd just gotten up and was only slightly cranky. The fact that the weather report for today the 10 of April indicates up to 8 inches of snow this after hasn't helped my mood either...:(

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ray - I loved Mrs T's poem ... delightful. More snow ... did you mean October?! I get like that too - and definitely would if 8" of snow was on its way ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shoot! I'm sorry that you have snow and that you are cranky. :( Rest assured...spring is on the way and the snow will help water all those flowers! Hang tough, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and I will top you by 10 inches they say. I am a tad cranky too. I enjoyed Mrs T's poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the edge of that front and hope it stays that way.Think you meant april, not oCT. Pounding trout the last few mornings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Milwaukee daughter says it's really snowing there. We have severe thunderstorms and hail along with flooding. But I'll take that over snow any day. Love the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just see it...eight inches of heavy wet snow! Just what you don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather is crazy! Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the poem. It is spring time in the UK, today is sunny and cool, although it s better than the predicted snow. Even the forecasters can't get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! My mom used to say this to me in the morning, especially if I was crabby and didn’t want to get up. I haven’t seen or heard it for years. Hope you enjoyed your surprise snowfall and hopefully it is the very last one of this long winter.

    ReplyDelete