Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Ukraine

 On Saturday Mornings Barb & I met friends for breakfast for years at the Gateway in Wykoff . I continue that tradition . On past Saturday John and Joanne Glady had some really good news. ANNA  their former exchange student from the Ukraine had managed to flee from Kiev the capitol with her mom, little  brother and Grandma to Czechoslovakia.  Her Dad and older brother in college remained behind to fight the Russians.  I met ANNA MANY TIMES both as a teacher in our high school and for  breakfast on Saturday mornings.  We often  TALKED  ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL EVENTS,  HER COUNTRY AND HER PLANS FOR THE FUTURE. What a sweetie she was and is. It is clear the U.S.   and the democracies of Europe will stand with Ukraine But for me now this god-awful war Russian aggression  has become personal for me. I prayed last night for ANNA and her families' safety .

5 comments:

  1. I pray for the people of Ukraine also:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Anna her family and all the people of the Ukraine. I also pray for Russian families with loved ones involved in the fighting. Our personal guide in St Petersburg in 2015 was a Christian and her husband was, too. He traveled in Russia and beyond helping start and developing support for Christian churches. They both were young. I pray he isn't forced to fight, and that peace will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy they are safe but will pray for her Dad and older brother but also for all the people being tron apart by that awful war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ray
    The events in Ukraine have really amplified our worries and they should. I hope some semblance of sanity prevails, but I have my doubts.
    I had to change pc's awhile ago, and I lost my bookmarks. Hope you've been well.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a person of Ukrainian descent, and this is so hard for him.

    ReplyDelete