Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Customer Service

Oh sure. It's been a crummy day already. A State of Minnesota Department farmed out  Customer Service to a business in Denver, Colorado......ugly. :(

My all time unfavorite (besides the usual annoyances) was the time I bought a new computer which didn't work.  I called help and talked to "Fred" who happened to live in India and spoke the King's English. After an hour or so of trying to get my new computer to open he admitted it didn't work and he would send me another new one.  He needed my address. I gave him our P.O. Box Number. " I need your physical address," he stated.  The conversation which ensued for over an hour consisted of me trying to explain the meaning of Box Number and him demanding something called a physical address. Finally, understanding his problem I told him that Fillmore County, Minnesota was probably the last place on planet earth that didn't have street addressess....

14 comments:

  1. It's bad enough dealing with problems by phone, but when they are from another country--I really have problems understanding that perfect english. And yes--they always have such American names----I've had Sylvia and Robert before. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mercy! That sounds like it was a lot of wasted time and money. I do hope you eventually got a working computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happening everywhere. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could get me on rant on this topic. I hate call centers and have had similar experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this I am so grateful that I have a computer shop and expert just up the road. I couldn't cope with a call centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My longest was 4 hours of tech support

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone wanted unregulated Capitalism. Now they've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far I haven't had to call tech support as I have a helpful son just down the road. Call centres are so hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate those call centers am I the only one in the world that answers a real phone:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat a big pain. I feel your pain. It is a bit funny though when the guy on the other end of the line doesn't get the PO Box system.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They call it Customer Service ... what a joke !

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a small world, eh? And still a particularly odd and at times confusing one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I stay away from calling because I have a friend who helps me and trusts me to try things on the computer. But two years ago I was out of state and bought a little tablet thing with Windows on it for just $200. It wasn't a quality device and had issues. I did a factory reset which lost the office program. I called MS, got a guy in India who was helpful and patient and got it fixed. Fortunately I had fast internet because the download took an hour and he stuck by me the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate calling customer "service", no matter what the first language of the service provider happens to be. It's always a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete