Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Saturday, August 31, 2019

A new book on Troutbirder II




As I’ve mentioned before I’ve had to give up many of my outdoor nature adventures due to a variety of minor but annoying disabilities including including benign essential tremors and vertigo. Thus, I’ve taken up some new hobbies such as learning to cook in the kitchen instead of the wilderness, attending two different churches on alternate Sundays, reconnecting with old friends and weeding my gardens the old-fashioned way by hand and coloring  books for adults. Speaking of books and cooking I recently purchased two cookbooks and for my a national once a month book club I’m reviewing one of the cookbooks. You can read the exciting details and even see a new flower in the process by clicking on Mark Twain above to jump to Troutbirder II.
 

8 comments:

  1. Good for you to get on with new things or getting deeper into old things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your interests and attitude. Bloom where you are planted, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I was in the same unfortunate position whereby I had to start learning things instead of relying on others. I didn't know there were colouring books for adults... must look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find cooking to be fun and I am always looking for new recipes. Ig is one of the things you can do and get immediate results. Enjoy, and do make some desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Ray! It is important (and fun) to try to find what you CAN do, instead of what you can't. Stay positive and new opportunities for new interests will arise. I speak from 3 weeks of experience with a broken right wrist. Sure, it gets me down, but then I remember what I can do and it helps the spirit. Getting out with others is a big part of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for you!!! You might also try jigsaw puzzles to help with those hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Troutbirder, I'll be interested in your thoughts on adult coloring books. I've thought about getting one, but I don't think I have the patience for the intricate designs. Peace.

    ReplyDelete