Troutbirder II

Troutbirder II
Click on Mark Twain to jump to Troutbirders book review blog

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Hair

Actually this is not about the rock 'n roll musical back in the day. This is about Mrs. T's German Shepherd dog Lily. A. K. A as  a G. S. D. Barb always said that those latter initials actually stood far German shedding dog. Here's the proof from yesterday August 24's single day  combing done by myself. Case closed.
 
Okay all of my hunting dogs as well as Baron the huge German Shepherd were kenneled outside with an entrance to our unheated garage and a comfy doghouse. Lily rescue dog which she  is has lived indoors with outside privileges surrounded by an invisible fence around the whole property. One very lucky and sweet dog I'd say.
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Lucky dog indeed. While we still miss our Golden Retrievers, we do not miss the hair all over the place. But if I could, would I welcome the hair to have the dogs back? In a New York minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a LOT of hair. And yes, Lily is one lucky dog indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a lot of hair. She better start hanging on to it for the winter ahead! Yes, one sweet and lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I combed my standard Collie, we filled an entire paper grocery bag. Remember those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's giving you THAT LOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a lucky dog to have you! Poor girl cannot help shedding...brush her everyday for awhile:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, some dogs are just thick with hair! She looks sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having been the proud owner of GS dogs I know all about hair shedding. Wouldn't have swapped them for the world, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a cat that sheds like the dickens. And he is a short hair cat! I comb him nearly every day and I tell him he is a "fur factory"....it's crazy how much comes off him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, you have enough hair to make another if smaller dog. Bet she feels lighter and better. My cat does the honors here as Callie is a short haired dog and sheds little. Think you are both lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Combing a pet is wonderful therapy for both owner and dog/cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree, Ray. Best to you and your bride.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even our little cat can produce a significant yield.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet dog ...and nice companion I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lily looks like a sweet dog that needs lots of loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lily looks like a sweet dog that needs lots of loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers for your Sept. 23 adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Troutbirder, a lot of fur but I really understand how much a dog or cat can shed or how much can be brushed from their fur. One of the cats with whom I live--Ellie--pulls tufts of fur from her back when she's nervous. So the off-white carpet is often polka-dotted with black fur! Peace.

    ReplyDelete